In-house Legal Counsel to world leading casino client in Malta.
- To provide first class IP advice to all departments;
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of an effective group wide IP strategy;
- Supervising as well as advising on IP litigation matters;
- Build in-house expertise on brand management solutions;
- Prepare IP legal documents and high quality IP standard form precedents (SFPs);
- Work closely with third party law firms and trade mark agents, globally;
- Handling, managing or assisting with intellectual property related tasks;
- Drafting & review of a variety of agreements or any other legal documentation as necessary as well as the handling of all negotiations pertaining thereto;
- Advising the business on various legal matters as necessary and handling legal aspects of several projects undertaken by the business;
- Ad hoc legal projects/duties as may be required from time to time;
- Handling data protection responsibilities for entities, brands and markets being operated under the framework as may be assigned from time to time;
- Performing data protection due diligence on business partners and conduct the relevant onboarding, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating data protection agreements or terms as may be required;
- Draft and review of privacy policies, privacy notices or cookies policies for the Group or partners as may be required;
- Draft and review of internal procedures and policies with respect to personal data and GDPR compliance;
- Provision of advice in the field of data protection;
- Contributing to the overall privacy program and strategy;
- Managing, advising, or assisting with impact assessment and privacy audits.
- Law Degree in a European Jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as an in-house lawyer or in private practice with a law firm;
- Specialisation in IP law;
- Self-driven and able to follow through all assigned tasks and projects to completion independently, and also to take direction and also take full ownership of the responsibilities assigned;
- Uphold a high standard of work ethic, always ensuring to complete all assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner;
- A team player who enjoys a multicultural and multi-national environment;
- Additional Information
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive guaranteed salary.
• Gym allowance to support your active lifestyle.
• Health insurance to keep our Team healthy and happy.
• Roaring discounts all over Malta island for you to explore.
• If you are not based in Malta we will also provide you with a relocation package.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for further info