We are looking for a strong analytical FP&A Analyst for our client's Oslo office that can be a part of their growth and expansion.
Our client is a leading provider of mobility solutions across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, where it operates the globally. They are a trusted brand with a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty, with a commitment to true convenience and exceptional service with the human touch. The brand operates across six continents via a network of over 5,230 locations in 166 countries, through wholly-owned subsidiaries in 21 corporate countries complemented by licence arrangements in a further 145 countries. The company serves customers across six continents, through more than 3,900 locations in 124 countries, including over 800 airports. These are predominantly franchise businesses with corporate operations throughout Europe. They are an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travellers worldwide. Where possible and for customer convenience, the company have rental locations at many airports, railway stations and other key locations across Europe.
FP&A Analyst - Norwegian market
The FP&A team is an important team in our client’s company. Due to the nature of their business model, the FP&A team have a strong relationship with each of the countries that make up the Northern Region. This role helps support the local business partner, in ensuring full support to the General Manager for the business in Norway. The FP&A team supports the three pillars of their business – the Sales and Marketing teams for Commercial analysis and sales bids, the Fleet team for vehicle fixed and running cost analysis and management, and the Operations team for cost base analysis and local P&L management.
You have commercial experience, enjoy problem solving, and you are able to plan and prioritise effectively and keen to learn about the business. You have developed strong analytical skills, and you are able to explain and communicate key financial trends to non-finance teams. You have some commercial experience of planning, forecasting, reporting, analysis, prioritisation and problem solving. This exciting role offers significant opportunities to learn about the business and help support decision making and will provide an excellent platform for further progression within the Finance team.
Core activities will include:
- Ownership of the fleet rotation, to optimise utilisation across Norway
- Business partnering with the Fleet team, providing costings. analysis and insight to ensure they understand the end-to-end cost performance of the fleet, and can maximise efficiency and minimise cost
- Support and challenge the Operations team in improving station performance and profitability.
- Help identify opportunities to drive financial and operational performance improvement through regular and ad-hoc insight and analysis.
- Help business partnering with the Norwegian General Manager, supporting and challenging them to drive profitable growth.
- Responsibility for the forecasting and planning of the Fleet and Operational costs in the Norwegian P&L.
- Support in the forecasting and planning of the balance sheet and Capex.
- Support in the production of the monthly performance pack for the Norwegian business for the Northern Region Leadership team, and the EMEA board, using profitability flow tracks, and helping to provide commentary and analysis.
- Support the overall Northern Region FP&A team, helping to drive key initiatives across the wider Region
This role sits within the Northern Region FP&A team, but reports locally into the Norwegian FP&A Business Partner. This role is not considered a Change Leader.
- Analysis: Uses a range of resources to create insightful and compelling analysis so as to constructively challenge and support business decision making by identifying key drivers which allow easy issue/opportunity resolution
- Process Improvement: Interacting with a wide range of stakeholders to bring collaborative solutions. To be able to clearly explain by the use of analysis the key messages helping to understand the data and therefore improve the quality of decision making
- Business Optimisation: Provides analytical support to teams to ensure commercial decisions taken are in line with the business plan and therefore maximising revenue opportunities and minimising cost leakage.
- Relationship Management: Working with the Norwegian FP&A Business Partner to support the General Manager and their Direct teams.
- Forecasting and Planning: Support the forecasting and planning process is completed to a high standard and on a timely basis
- Data Management: Manages the timely uploading of financial data into company systems so as to enable accurate business forecasting
You will support the FP&A Business Partner in their ownership of full P&L and balance sheet forecasts for Norway, including all management reporting and explanation of variances to Plan and forecast. Particular accountability for the fleet rotation and costings, and for the station profitability reporting. You will also influence Norwegian fleet strategy through business partnering to the local fleet team and local leadership team. The FP&A Analyst owns the process for fleet and operational costs plan and forecast and supports the local FP&A Business partner in influencing decision makers in Norway.
All applications will be handled ongoing and the starting date will be as soon as possible.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide
We are a professional Nordic recruitment specialist focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world. Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language Recruitment agency in the Nordic region, we match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent. Over the past 3 years we have recruited and helped close to 2000 Nordic speakers to their dream job with our partners in over 28 different countries.