Our client is looking for a new Finance Manager for their office in Oslo or Copenhagen. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the Finance team covering the Nordic countries and will support the Scandinavian Controller to manage the integrity of the financial statements, and delivery of all internal and external reporting. This role also ensures the Accounting practices operate within the control environment defined by the SOX framework and US GAAP accounting rules.
- The main purpose of the role is to ensure a well driven finance team by:
- Supporting the General Manager with a financial perspective in decision-making processes
- Ensuring compliance with finance policies
- Delivery of internal and external financial reporting in high quality and within the agreed deadlines.
- Preparation, reviewing, and presenting monthly financials (incl. balance sheet reconciliations) and an on-going review of processes to identify any efficiency savings and control opportunities.
- Having responsibility for maintaining and developing processes related to financial controlling and transactional finance that is on par with best practice.
- Performing analysis that serve as basis for improving performance in the business
- Define and work with KPI/metrics to communicate and improve performance in the business
- Management of cashflow forecasting and working with EMEA Treasury to ensure that all financing needs and funding targets are met.
- Management of tax related transactions with EMEA Tax to ensure that tax calculations and payments are compliant with legislation and ABG guidelines.
- Being a dedicated manager for the direct reports and create a working environment for the entire team that are based on ABG’s values like diversity, ambitions, high performance, and respect for each other.
The role will require the candidate to work with several cross-border stakeholders including finance teams UK, operational teams in Scandinavia as well as FP&A and EMEA finance teams based in the Bracknell office.
- Monthly Financial Close process
- Monthly & Quarterly reporting to UK/US
- Coordinating the internal and external audit
- Production/reviewing Statutory accounts
- Managing Financial Controls in team
- Drive local SOX compliance programme
- Manage and review reconciliations
- Review Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Assisting with ad hoc local and EMEA projects
- Review of VAT and Tax returns & compliance
Qualifications / skills
- A university/college degree in Business administration/Finance or similar.
- Good communication skills in one of the Nordic languages
- Fluent in English and preferable in local language too
- People management skills with focus on diversity in age, sex, nationality, culture etc. and understanding group dynamics
- Understanding change management and the challenges that can be met in larger companies
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivated and wanting to make a difference, with a track record of achievement
- Years of experience in Financial management or auditing
- Have worked with process management and optimization
- Previous accounting experience with cash flow management, financial controls and month end reporting
- Are an experienced people manager
- Strong IT and systems knowledge with advanced Excel skills and good experience of GL systems
Nordic Jobs Worldwide
We are a professional Nordic recruitment specialist focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world. Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language Recruitment agency in the Nordic region, we match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent. Over the past 3 years we have recruited and helped close to 2000 Nordic speakers to their dream job with our partners in over 28 different countries.