- Posted 10 May 2023
- LocationTa’ Xbiex
- Discipline iGaming
- Charlotte Kamlin
New opportunity as Product Owner - Sportsbook!
Following the rapid growth into key markets, our client is now expanding further into new geographies and extending its offering to include Sports, as a separate vertical in addition to the existing offering.
They are now looking for a Product Owner for Sportsbook to form part of a new team that will drive this expansion, and lead the Product Roadmap for Sportsbook and help the business launch and drive innovation for the Sports area. You will be spearheading innovation initiatives across the Sports vertical working very closely with Commercial stakeholders and managing a high-performing team of developers.
Our client believes in a flexible working environment, with a hybrid approach where a mix between working from the office and remote working is possible. The team consists of industry experts that focus on automation, allowing our people to target their attention on creative energies to push the boundaries of what an iGaming brand can be.
A taste of what you will be doing:
- Develop, own and manage the Sportsbook roadmap, working hand-in-glove with the Head of Sportsbook and other Commercial stakeholders
- Manage the Sportsbook backlog with the development team and ensure development teams get the necessary product support to deliver on timelines
- Deliver innovation across all key Customer journeys for Sports with a strong focus on Innovation and User Experience of the Sportsbook journeys
- Be responsible for the initial launch of the Sportsbook into existing/new markets, and the integration of a third-party Sportsbook offering, following a strategic roadmap managed by the Head of Sportsbook.
- Lead a high-performing Development team to deliver business value in your area and work on improving processes together with team to maximize throughput
- Identify and resolve impediments to collaboration and delivery across the teams
- Champion the customer experience for the sportsbook product and develop yourself as a sports authority within the business
- Conduct regular competitor analysis and identify Product Market Gaps
- Translate the Product Market Gaps into a prioritized product roadmap
- Coordinate with Product Owners in other areas to ensure a smooth delivery of large scale company initiatives
The type of profile we are looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of Sportsbook and Betting with specific focus on the Customer Experience and user journeys, and direct experience in Sportsbook
- Strong product development background
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for at least 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of the Online gambling industry and regulatory landscape of European, LatAm and North American markets and industry trends
- Strong customer focus with the ability to empathize with customer motivations and desires
- Solid Experience working in Agile methodology for product development
- Previous experience of managing third-party sportsbook integrations would be considered as asset
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Creative and Strategic thinker with a positive attitude
- Able to work in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to navigate around technical constraints and find feasible solutions to emerging sportsbook integration challenges
Culture and Benefits
What matters for our client, is their values. They create value through accessible collaboration, eliminating barriers, and most of all they really trust and believe in their people! They look forward to recruit more qualified applicants coming from different backgrounds and experiences. Private health insurance, team building events, wellness, professional development benefits as well competitive salaries are just a few examples of the benefits they offer!