Head of Franchise Development
About the company
IWG has been at the forefront of the flexible workspace revolution for more than 30 years. We have made it possible for organisations and individuals everywhere to take a new approach to the traditional working day. We have over 3,400 locations across over 110 countries allowing millions of people every day to have a great day at work.
Our customers are start-ups, small and medium-sized enterprises, and large multinationals. With unique business goals, people and aspirations. They want workspaces and communities to match their needs. We provide them with choice through our portfolio of brands, covering serviced offices (Regus, Spaces, HQ, Signature and No18), commercial real estate brokerage and managed office solutions.
Purpose of the role The Head of Franchise Development (HFD) is responsible for driving franchise growth in the country, leading the recruitment and set up of all franchise and partnership deals. The HFD will adapt the global franchising framework to make it fit for purpose for the country, plan and promote our market entry, meet, select & sign development agreements with the most appropriate new franchise partners to help deliver against our overall region growth plan. The HFD will also ensure our franchise standards are clear and adhered to at all times across our network. The HFD is accountable for delivering the right growth from the franchise business, providing a healthy return on investment for our partners and profitable growth for IWG.
- Agree the franchising framework and market entry strategy by adapting the current global approach.
- Plan and execute the promotion of our proposition to potential franchise partners and the broader franchise market through all routes to market such as trade shows and their own network.
- Conduct due diligence with prospective franchise partners and work with legal to get development agreements finalised and signed.
- Sign deals with franchise partners that allow us to grow the network quickly, in the right locations and profitably whilst giving partners a return on investment.
- Set the Franchise standards for partners.
- Support new franchise partners as they start trading and ensure they operate in line with our brand standards.
Key Performance Indicators
- Network growth (volume and value).
- Return on Investment for Franchise partners.
- Execution of acceptable brand standards by all franchise business partners.
- Franchise Partners.
- Internal Stakeholders – Property Insights and Planning Manager, Legal, Property & Partnerships Marketing Manager.
- Development Directors.
- Construction team.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Previously run and grown a franchise network within a multi-site business, with a combined equity and franchise model.
Proven success in promoting a franchise business in the external market and delivering new franchise partners.
Created and delivered a robust business plan with realistic but stretching targets.
Commercial acumen, able to ensure the business delivers growth and profit for us and a return for our partners.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to persuade and influence people.
Comfortable making decisions evaluating options and considering long-term consequences.
Strong planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, multi-task, delegate and work effectively with minimal supervision.
Adaptability and flexibility, able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and information.
Personal efficiency, effective time manager.
Concern for quality. Delivers quality service at all times.
Achievement orientation. Has the drive to succeed, not just for self but for team and company.
Tough-minded. Confronts problems firmly and decisively.
Motivate others, get the best out of people.
Impact and influence. Persuade and positively influence customers, team and senior management.
Commercial insight with good market knowledge. Can effectively forecast performance.
Organisational awareness. Takes a wider view of the company and business strategy.