Norwegian speaking Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partner for our client's HQ in Sandvika
Our client is a leading provider of mobility solutions across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, where it operates the globally. They are a trusted brand with a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty, with a commitment to true convenience and exceptional service with the human touch. The brand operates across six continents via a network of over 5,230 locations in 166 countries, through wholly-owned subsidiaries in 21 corporate countries complemented by licence arrangements in a further 145 countries. The company serves customers across six continents, through more than 3,900 locations in 124 countries, including over 800 airports. These are predominantly franchise businesses with corporate operations throughout Europe. They are an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travellers worldwide. Where possible and for customer convenience, the company have rental locations at many airports, railway stations and other key locations across Europe.
What is the purpose of this position?
The FP&A team is an important team for their client. Due to the nature of the business model the FP&A team have a strong relationship with each of the countries that make up the Northern Region. This role business partners the General Manager for the Norway business. This role supports the three pillars of our business – the Sales and Marketing teams for Commercial analysis and sales bids, the Fleet team for vehicle fixed and running cost analysis and management, and the Operations team for cost base analysis and local P&L management.
The right profile
- You are commercially astute, enjoy problem solving, be able to plan and prioritize effectively and have experience of generating insight to drive business decisions.
- Your outstanding communication skills will help you to effectively communicate complex concepts, and you will be confident in challenging your internal stakeholders.
- Your leadership skills will help you to manage and develop your analyst to achieve your objectives.
- This exciting role offers significant opportunities to make a difference within the business, and will provide an excellent platform for further progression within the Finance team.
Core activities will include:
- Business Partnering Norwegian General Manager, supporting and challenging them to drive profitable growth.
- Supporting commercial initiatives and helping the Sales and Marketing teams understand the profitability of our customer and account base.
- Provide analysis and insight to the Fleet team to ensure they understand the end to end cost performance of our fleet. This includes ownership of the fleet rotation, to optimize utilization across Norway
- Support and challenge the Operations team in improving station performance and profitability.
- Identifying opportunities to drive financial and operational performance improvement through regular and ad-hoc insight and analysis.
- Forecasting and planning the Norwegian P&L, balance sheet and Capex.
- Own the production of the monthly performance pack for the Norwegian business for the Northern Region Leadership team, and the EMEA board, using profitability flow tracks, and providing commentary and analysis.
- Act as a senior member of the overall Northern Region FP&A team, helping to drive key initiatives across the wider Region
- Analysis Uses a range of resources to create insightful and compelling analysis so as to constructively challenge and support business decision making by identifying key drivers which allow easy issue/opportunity resolution
- Process Improvement Interacting with a wide range of stakeholders to bring collaborative solutions. To be able to clearly explain by the use of analysis the key messages helping to understand the data and therefore improve the quality of decision making
- Business Optimisation Provides analytical support to teams to ensure commercial decisions taken are in line with the business plan and therefore maximising revenue opportunities and minimising cost leakage.
- Relationship Management Working extensively with the Norwegian General Manager and their Direct teams.
- Forecasting and Planning Manages the forecasting and planning process ensuring timely decision making that supports business strategy
- Data Management Manages the timely uploading of financial data into company systems so as to enable accurate
- business forecasting
- Authority / influence over resources Owns full P&L and balance sheet forecasts for Norway, including all management reporting and explanation of variances to Plan and forecast
- Authority for change: Influences commercial strategy through business partnering to the Norwegian General Manager and their team. Owns process for revenue and direct selling cost, fleet and operational costs plan and forecast. Influences decision makers in Norway. Influences commercial bids by giving finance support to the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Internal / external interaction Finance – Other FP&A Managers in the Northern Region, Finance Director (Northern Region), Norwegian Accounting team, wider Northern Region finance team. EMEA Finance.
- Business Partners – General Manager Norway, Managing Director (Northern Region), Local Leadership Team
Nordic Jobs Worldwide
We are a professional Nordic recruitment specialist focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world. Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language Recruitment agency in the Nordic region, we match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent. Over the past 3 years we have recruited and helped close to 2000 Nordic speakers to their dream job with our partners in over 28 different countries.