As Head of Risk, Fraud & Payments you will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s strategy and best practices for the risk, fraud and payments policies and procedures.
- Strategy implementation for risk, fraud & payments internal policies, procedures and best practices for the daily operations.
- Evaluate the risks associated with new launches or changes in products, jurisdictions, payment methods etc.
- Implement and review processes and best practices regarding customer registration, verification, CDD, and EDD.
- Work across the business and external departments to address payment operations, risk, technical and fraud issues.
- Own, negotiate and manage payment and fraud related third-party relationships, including banks, PSPs, verification providers, etc.
- Implement payments optimisation strategies to maximise deposit levels and acceptance rates.
- Oversee the payments processing function and ensure the quickest possible turnaround times on customer withdrawals, with particular focus on the VIP experience.
- Chargeback Management and reporting on losses to the COO and Senior Management.
- Manage a sizeable team of various Risk, Fraud and Payments professionals including setting of objectives and overseeing the team’s performance.
- Ensure that business objectives are met through effective and efficient team management.
- Handle of high-risk payments, fraud and AML related escalations.
- Assist in regulatory audits and risk assessments.
- Drive and implement new and current projects related to the RFP Department.
- In conjunction with the Legal & Compliance team, identify changes to legislation to ensure that the company meets its statutory obligations and internal requirements in respect to the prevention of money laundering prevention and player protection.
- Investigate, prepare and submit suspicious transactions reports to senior management and MLRO for review.
- Analyse data to identify fraud trends and provide reporting to the management team.
Skills & Experience Required
- 5 years’ experience in a similar, senior role within the Igaming.
- Strong knowledge of gambling compliance including RG, AML and KYC.
- Possess good communication and negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the payments and fraud landscape.
- Good understanding of 3rd party Fraud, Risk and Compliance systems.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to handle pressure and can work independently.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of substantial size.
Our client offers a friendly, dynamic work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, they also provide daily lunch, regular team events, Comprehensive Health Insurance and other benefits. This position is based in Malta and they are looking to recruit as soon as possible.