We are on the hunt for a highly-analytical and qualified financial officer to join our team. In this position, you will provide financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of the business and manage our financial procedures.
Your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring transactions, and preparing invoices. The role also include administration and preparation of documentation, signatures, alongside other administrative duties.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also have outstanding analytical and time management abilities.
- Performing general accounting functions and activities including but not limited to the processing of invoices and payments, posting of bank account transactions, card processors, preparing bank reconciliations, and carrying out monthly reconciliations and reporting;
- Managing vendors and accounts payable, including processing supplier invoices, complying with the company’s invoicing policy, liaising with management for invoice approvals, managing supplier payments in line with company policy, dealing with supplier queries, and preparing monthly reconciliations;
- Provide administrative support and coordinating internal administrative processes
- Taking care of requests from different service providers particularly related to due diligence on the company and its members, including completing KYC forms while liaising with internal departments, particularly Finance and Risk.
- Monitor bank account and wallet balances to fund or retract whenever required;
- Downloading transaction listings/statements/invoices from providers back offices;
- Open new bank accounts/business credit cards and assist with the documentation needed;
- Assisting our external accountants in the periodic VAT returns;
- Assisting in the month end process leading to the submission of accurate monthly management accounts and preparation of financial statements;
- Assisting with the year-end audit and related queries;
- Preparation of Payroll submission of FS5;
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as and when needed;
- General administrative and accounting duties.
Skills & Experience
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent professional qualification;
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience in a similar position in Malta;
- Strong knowledge and experience with IFRS;
- Smart, motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Located in St. Julian’s, Malta
- Flexible working hours with core hours at the office
- €500 Wellness allowance
- Educational courses and conferences paid by the company
- + other team and company events that happen on a regular basis
Sound like the right job for you? Send CV to email@example.com for next step in the process