We’re here to keep the business running happily and efficiently. We’re problem solvers. And although there’s a lot laughter in our section of the office, we take our responsibilities very seriously. We maintain relationships with external service providers, pay the people that keep us growing and keep an eye on how we spend money.
We’re doing reports, improving the office working environment and paying bills, all the while prioritising employees’ best interests. If there's a problem, we’re here to fix it. Want to join us?
Purpose of the role
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for processing and preparing financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc. The Finance Assistant will also perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Manager and help oversee and manage individual accounts.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining financial records including posting of supplier invoices and payments, recording accruals and prepayments
- Assisting in the day-to-day tasks in the finance department
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other applicable accounting documents or records
- Ensuring appropriate level of authorisation and accurate general ledger/cost centre coding
- Verifying suppliers’ and service providers’ accounts by reconciling statements and related transactions
- Maintaining regular communication with our suppliers and service providers
- Assisting the team with statutory audit
- Handling payments’ processes and allocating them appropriately against the applicable invoices
- Assisting in other ad hoc finance tasks as requested by the Finance Manager from time to time
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of A level qualification in accounting, finance or similar
- Basic technical accounting knowledge
- Previous experience within a finance position would be considered an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience of using finance tools/software would be advantageous
- Organisation and planning
- Ownership and accountability
Does this sound like the right job for you? Then please send CV to email@example.com for next step in the process