Are you interested in the financial industry and speak English fluently? Then this might be the ideal opportunity to kick-start your career!
Purpose of the Role:
As part of the wider IT Operations team in Waterford, the role involves the maintenance and enhancement of the Core IT Services across the delivery centres, including Network components, Server infrastructure and peripheral device management. The candidate will have worked in a hands-on role in IT department where they will have gained experience in Network and Server management as well as all standard ITSM functions.
This role involves daily interaction with stakeholders, timely and proper tracking of material, checking variances and taking corrective actions. Participation in hardware and software asset management tasks to meet the business requirement of the organisation while ensuring effective asset tracking, its traceability, utilisation, compliance and accurate inventory management within the limits of the organisational guidelines and strategy.
- Ensure network security and connectivity at all sites.
- Manage backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Implement Group policies, configure and monitor Anti-Virus and ensure compliance with Information Security standards.
- Administer Microsoft AD and MS Office 365
- Manage end-user IT problems and queries when escalated from first line support.
- Ensure adherence to company standards for Change and Release Management, Asset Management, Vulnerability Management and Standard builds.
- Must have experience of set up of equipment/sites as both WFH (work from home) and WFO (work from office)
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Knowledge of analysis tools like MS-Excel, SQL etc. and techniques like pivot tables, historical analysis
- IT Asset Management: Understanding of IT Asset Management and Logistics process
- BCMS- Phoenix/IT Service Continuity: Knowledge of BCMS Principles, processes and guidelines to deploy BCMS workflow
- Incident/Request Management: Knowledge of incident management processes to collate and analyse incident details, associate it to the respective Configurations Item etc.
- Problem Management: Understanding of problem definition and problem management process as defined by ITTL framework
- Procurement/Supplier Management: Knowledge of the procurement process (such as supply chain for services and products)
- Customer Management (BRM): Understanding of the BRM process and customer interfacing tools
- Capacity Management: Knowledge of Capacity Management Process
- Technology and Knowledge Management: Knowledge in the KM database – areas of IT Service Delivery and Operational Management
- Service Level Management: Understanding of service level management process, related agreements – SLA/OLA/UPC, AHD tool and its workflow steps
- Analytical Ability: Looks at data from multiple sources and integrates data/inputs in a manner to build cause effect linkages to arrive at key issues.
- High Impact Communication: Highlights key ideas, checks for listener understanding to ensure clarity, articulates own pint of view based on assessments of multiple points of views and can justify various aspects of the view in group situation
- Advance knowledge of Windows workstation
- Basic understanding of Server Management (Microsoft certification in Server stream)
- Basic Networking knowledge (CCNA certified)
- Engineering graduate with past IT experience
- 2+ years system administration work experience
- 3rd level IT qualification or equivalent industry certification
- MS Server 2012 experience (preferably with Hyper V and VMWare experience)
- Good Active Directory experience
- Anti-Virus Management experience
- Ability to travel and support activities in any site
- Flexibility required in terms of working hours and days to support business requirements. Out of hours work is required from time to time in the administration of key IT services
- Have a full clean driving license and permanent access to a car
Other Essential Criteria
- Possess strong administrative skills.
- Be efficient, with good attention to detail.
- Exhibit strong analytical and communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Be flexible in their approach to work.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technologies and best practices.
About us - Nordic Jobs Worldwide
We are a professional Nordic recruitment specialist focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language Recruitment agency in the Nordic region, we match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent. Over the past 2 years, we have recruited and helped over 1000 Nordic speakers to their dream job with our partners in over 28 different countries.