Senior Nordic Regulatory Compliance Manager to leading iGaming company
- Posted 20 October 2022
- Gregory Sims
Our client’s mission is to be at the forefront of entertainment across all verticals of the business. They constantly strive to improve, optimise and re-innovate everything they do to maintain their position as one of the leading Gaming Operators in the iGaming industry.
What you will be doing...
As a Senior Nordic Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will ensure that the Company is compliant with its relevant regulatory obligations. You will be expected to manage relationships with regulatory bodies in both developing markets and jurisdictions where the Company is licensed. You will help manage the regulatory risks and advise on products and services offered.
- Advise on an ongoing basis of the impact of regulations and required actions on the Nordic Jurisdictions, including but not limited to Sweden and Denmark.
- Manage a team of 2 regulatory compliance managers; this includes organizing workload, prioritizing tasks, assisting with complex issues and mentoring other members of the team, as well as educating other teams on topics related to regulatory compliance.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with regulators and authorities.
- Project-lead, as required, and manage regulatory audits/compliance reviews; assist in developing and maintaining audit checklists to be used to audit/review operations in relation to regulatory compliance.
- Establish control systems and workflows for the Compliance Team.
- Support in establishing best practices in relation to Compliance, Responsible Gambling, AML.
- Review of company documentation (websites, emails, landing pages, texts).
- Investigate major complaints to the regulators/authorities; ensure fair and timely resolution
- Mentor and support other members of the team, as well as educate other teams on topics related to regulatory compliance.
- Lead the provision of commercially aware and timely compliance advice to both the business and to projects.
- Ensure that the highest standards of operational regulatory compliance are achieved and maintained across the locations by working with functional/departmental managers and their teams
- Represent the Compliance department as required, on projects providing regulatory advice and guidance in the development of initiatives to incorporate and embed an appropriate Conduct Risk culture and controls within a commercial operating framework
- Assist in other projects and ad hoc tasks, as and when required.
What we would like to see from you...
- Minimum 3/4 years-experience in Compliance or Regulatory Affairs, handling Swedish and/or Danish licenses, from a multi-jurisdictional gambling operator.
- An excellent level of English plus Swedish or Danish language
- A Degree in Law or a related subject is an advantage.
Company Benefits Package...
- Balance - a flexible way of working: Opportunity to work from home for most of your working time.
- Private health insurance: Including dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance.
- Balance & Wellbeing allowance: Can be used on gym/fitness memberships, fitness clothing /equipment, consultations with a dietician/nutritionist, massages or items for your home office.
- Free access to the Unmind app: A tool to help measure, understand and improve mental wellbeing.
- Office perks: A chef in the office weekly preparing healthy meals, coffee shop vouchers, juices, snacks, Friday after work events (non-alcoholic beverages also offered).
- Volunteer Time Off Programme: 20 days leave to volunteer at an organization online, locally, or abroad.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language Recruitment agency in the Nordic region, we match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent. As a company we recruit to over 275 clients in 32 different locations.
We are currently successfully recruiting to over 60 of the largest clients in the iGaming industry - worldwide.
We offer positions from entry level all the way up to C - level roles, and have a strong team of iGaming specialists ready to assist on your recruitment needs.