- Posted 27 October 2022
- Gregory Sims
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Legal & Compliance Manager, you are going to be responsible for ensuring a high level of compliance and operational risk control in accordance with regulatory standards and policies. As a senior member of the legal team, you will be a trusted point of contact for the team, acting as a guide and mentor whilst working closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance and the General Counsel, to support the overall strategy and objectives of the department. You will also lead and support key projects and initiatives and engage with and influence key internal and external stakeholders providing expert advice to support the strategic agenda.
• Research and remain abreast of developments in multi-national regulatory online gambling regimes and ensure mitigation of potential risk and/or compliance with local laws and regulations
• Develop and promote compliant responsible gambling practices across the business
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by keeping abreast of regulatory developments; systematically creating, updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, guidelines, and manuals; providing effective advice, support, and training across the business; managing regulatory reporting processes and liaising with authorities, and coordinating audits
• Obtain and maintain gaming licenses in several countries by managing license applications and ensuring compliance with license conditions and requirements
• Ensure compliance with multi-national anti-money laundering laws and sanctions and assist with the reporting of suspicious transactions
• Update, implement, monitor, and enforce compliant customer terms and conditions, and advise in relation to customer complaints and disputes
• Update, implement, monitor, and enforce compliant affiliate terms and conditions, and advise in relation to affiliate complaints and disputes
• Draft, review, and negotiate contracts with games and payment services providers and other suppliers and maintain systematic contracts management
• Collaborate with the finance department to ensure timely and proper payment of gaming and other taxes across markets
• Assist with changes to the corporate structure and other corporate matters and affairs
• Ensure content and brand protection by registration, maintenance, and renewal of intellectual property rights and by assisting in any IP disputes that may arise from time to time, and developing and implementing a domain name strategy
• Deal with a variety of topics related to the operations of the company, act as a service provider to and work in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business, and manage external legal services, paper, and electronic filing, and administrative procedures
Who are you?
• You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in law or a related field
• You have strong experience as a Lawyer within the gaming industry • You have a sound knowledge of current laws, regulations, and common
practices in compliance and are able to provide training • You have experience with the MGA and UKGC is mandatory whilst
experience with the Swedish, Danish, Spanish and Italian jurisdictions • You are self-motivated with the ability to take ownership in a dynamic
environment with a positive, ‘can-do’ mindset • You have excellent organization skills and take pride in being quality-oriented
with a keen eye for detail and coming up with creative solutions • You are approachable and an effective communicator across all levels of the
business and influence key internal and external stakeholders and provide expert advice to support the strategic agenda
• You can display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion • You are a down-to-earth person and a life-long learner
What do we offer?
• Private health insurance
• Wellness allowance
• Penthouse kitchen providing breakfast and lunch
• Daily fresh fruit, tea, and coffee
• Birthday leave
• Relocation package and assistance (conditions apply)
• Professional development support
• Additional marriage leave
• Additional paternity leave
• 5 days of your sick leave to care for your sick child
• 1 volunteer day • Flexible start and finish times (except for teams who work shifts)
• Free transport home for late-night shifts
• Refer a friend bonus
• Department team building activities
• Monthly get-togethers and activities
• Party tickets and free beach club access
• Company loyalty trip
About Nordic Jobs Worldwide
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is a professional Nordic recruitment specialist focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language Recruitment agency in the Nordic region, we match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent. As a company we recruit to over 275 clients in 32 different locations.
We are currently successfully recruiting to over 60 of the largest clients in the iGaming industry - worldwide.
We offer positions from entry level all the way up to C - level roles, and have a strong team of iGaming specialists ready to assist on your recruitment needs.