Alight’s mission is to make HR work better. They help organizations worldwide pioneer digital HR, master payroll, ensure compliance, unlock workforce data, and deliver best-in-class HR operations. As a result, HR leaders can create better employee experiences, save money, and transform their organizations. They enable their clients to become better employers by designing, deploying, maintaining and operating HR as a service. Alight’s HR business process services cover workforce management, time and attendance, local and global payroll, talent administration, and people analytics. They have been a leading provider of HR solutions for over 40 years. Alight is recognized as a driver of innovation in HR by leading market observers. Their 5,000 staff in 35 countries administer and reward 3 million employees in over 100 countries. Alight have strategic alliances with HCM technology leaders including SAP, SuccessFactors, Workday and Oracle. What sets them apart is The Alight Advantage. It is a unique combination of deep HR experience and insight, advanced technology platforms and applications, and a global portfolio of flexible service delivery options.
Your role as a SAP HCM Consultant
The SAP HCM Consultant is integrated into the Application Service department and under the supervision of an Application Service Team Manager. The overall responsibility is to support Alight’s outsourced clients as follows:
- Provide application support consultancy through advice, guidance, and appropriate technical activities. PY / PT / SAP ABAP;
- Manage reported incidents and perform functional analysis and guidance / coaching on the technical way to implement it;
- Generate easy-to-maintain error free implementations and customizing respecting Alight NGA best practices;
- Operate required system tests using either provided or self-generated test data, to ensure the applications/developments meet the agreed specifications;
- Provide documentation (both technical and functional) on issues handled;
- Manage personal daily priorities and assigned tickets, and ensure that his deadlines are met;
- Regularly report on status and progress to the Application Maintenance Outsourcing (AMO) Team Manager;
- Maintain internal and external contact and communication channels at appropriate level;
- Communicate status, resolution, and root cause of assigned issues;
- Understand the general flows in HR and the SAP HR architecture;
- Follow the security guidelines provided by Alight NGA.
Business Related Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree with a Business or Technical emphasis, or equivalent;
- Previous experience in SAP HCM application maintenance;
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn new technologies at a fast pace;
- Strong interest in delivering high quality support in the field of Human Resource.
- Ability to multi-task, to work in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment, and to consistently achieve quality standards;
- Service-oriented with a strong client focus and sense of accountability;
- Be committed to the customer, the team and the project;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Discretion and ability to respect the confidentiality of information.
- Be Accountable - Take advantage of the World of Opportunity and demonstrate personal responsibility and eagerness to explore & acquire the necessary skills. Be a key team player by collaborating and sharing knowledge to accomplish personal and team results. Has a positive sense of humour & outlook;
- Solve Problems - Be a resourceful problem solver by proactively identifying problems or challenges in the workplace and put forward creative solutions to drive continuous improvement;
- Take Ownership - Proactively seeks clarity of role, accomplishment of individual & team objectives and future personal career opportunities;
- Be Client Centric - Actively responds to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Ensure a balanced approach between client requirements and NGA priorities;
- Be Effective - Demonstrate knowledge of the NGA Way, our values and levers for success. Contribute and work to agreed global standards, utilize tools & technologies to act fast to achieve maximum personal productivity. Ensure work can be carried out in a repeatable, scalable way.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is a professional Nordic recruitment company focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language recruitment agency in the Nordic region, with offices in Oslo, Tallinn, Malaga, Malta, and Lisbon. We match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent worldwide. We have helped over 3000 people find their dream job with our 300+ partners in over 30 countries.