- Posted 22 September 2023
- Alexandros Sergis
Key aspects of Role:
- Strategy and promoter, key voice and owner of BI in the organization
- Manage BI team and project management all BI tasks
- Governance: Establish and manage definitions, policies, procedures within BI
- Drive the self-service, continuous improvement agenda
Ownership of strategic aspects of BI:
- Ensure BI goals align with corporate strategy
- Thought-partner for C-suite on all topics related to BI
- Provide strategic insights into internal and external data needs
- Influence executive members and other business leaders to accept and adopt ideas and analytical solutions
- Lead the development of models for predictive recommendations, marketing attribution etc. to support the decision-making process within the organization
Manage BI Team and Tasks:
- Build a Business Intelligence function to deliver accelerated growth across the business areas
- Set goals, manage and develop the BI team (once in place)
- Drive the overall roadmap for the business intelligence reporting team
- Provide ongoing status on BI led projects
- Consult, update, and edit functional and technical specifications and solutions to satisfy project requirements
- Communicate and align data standards across BI team
- Develop and maintain BI reporting, analytics and data exploration and recommend improvements
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to BI Team
Own BI governance:
- Continue to build out and improve the company's data architecture, reporting and analytical capabilities
- Drive data governance, data quality management & integrity, and information architecture across the whole organization, working closely with business stakeholders, process owners and the IT team. Lead the team to improve data capability and data architecture to support the BI mission
- Develop consistent approaches and methodologies for data analysis, automate repeatable tasks and drive process efficiencies
- Develop and set data standards for performance metrics and calculation models.
- Establish and communicate BI KPI definitions - communicate and align performance metrics across functions within the organization
Drive self service and continuous improvement agenda:
- Translate complex analytical tasks into easily consumable outputs to guide data-driven decisions with various stakeholders
- Support and independently own tasks related to design, and development of dashboards and interfaces.
- Deliver BI solutions that promote a culture of self-service
- Choose and manage best, and most appropriate tools for BI
- Assist with any ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, skills, and traits:
We are seeking an accomplished BI professional who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You should possess:
- A minimum of six years experience in Business Intelligence , preferably with at least two years within the iGaming industry.
- Having managed, and trained, BI teams for at least two/three years
- A degree-level qualification, and evidenced continuous development in the field of BI analytics
- With demonstrable proficiency in all aspects of BI and Information Management processes, technologies, and architectures such as
- Experience with BI tools (reporting software), e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc. and be able to use such tools to deliver what good looks like
- Significant experience in relational databases, SQL, programming skills,
- Able to consume, distil, and drive insight from large amounts of data. Proficiency in data analysis, including accurate collection, cleaning, and interpretation of data.
- Able to be a strategic leader and roll up sleeves and get into BI operations as and when needed
- Effective communication skills for interactions with all stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - Diplomatic yet assertive – at the vanguard of BI – leading development and advancement but also prioritizing and driving those developments that drive maximum ROI
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure correctness, completeness, and compliance in financial reporting, identifying investigative areas as necessary.
- Able to cope with multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Able to build enduring relationships and collaborate effectively with business teams.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a best in class BI function
- An understanding of AI / latest trends in and implications on BI and organization-wide analytics
Join Our Team:
Embark on a journey with us as Head of BI and contribute to the financial success of our organization. Your insights and analytical expertise will shape our decision-making landscape and make a positive difference on our future.