ARE YOU WELL PREPARED FOR A JOB INTERVIEW?
Here you will find some steps that may help you to get success:
1. Before the interview:Prepare yourself for the interview. Mentally and physically. Think about what questions the interviewer may ask you:
Tell me something about yourself.
What do you know about our company?
Why do you want to work here? Why do you think you are the right candidate for this job?
Talk about your previous jobs.
What are your strengths and greatest weaknesses?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
Do you have any future expectations?
What is your biggest achievement in life?
Do you have any questions you would like to ask us?
2. Research the company. It is very important to do previous research and be updated of their current situation and latest news. Knowing about the vision and the mission. They can ask you all types questions related with the business.
3. Having a clear understanding of the role/job for which you are applying for. Before the interview, try to match the skills and the requirements of the job description with yours. It will be easier to explain the interviewer why you are interested in this job and why you must be the chosen candidate.
4. Dress with proper clothes.The appearance is the first thing the interviewer will judge. The first impression has to be always good. It is important to dress up properly (an example of inappropriate clothing could be broken pants, miniskirts or shiny heels).
Remember to wear your hair away from the face. Do not wear too much make up, because it can be a sign of insecurity and non-transparency. Always wear clean hands and nails.
5. Be on time. Give yourself enough time to reach the destination, especially if you do not know the place or you are unfamiliar with the area. Neither go too early, the interviewer may think you have no other job and it might harm you later in terms of salary negotiations.
6. Occupy yourself while waiting. Once you arrive at the place (the perfect time of arrival would be 10-15 min before), get serious but at the same time smile and be always kind. Present yourself to the receptionist and say that all you need is a place to sit down. A good option could be reading the newspaper while waiting.
7. During the interview:Remain calm and confident. Tie your answers to issues the company or the interviewer is facing. Show always interest with your answers and ask questions.
You can use the “turnaround technique” to impress the interviewer: Buy time by turning the question back. For example, you are told: “We need an exceptional candidate for this position and I do not see nothing expectional in your CV”. Your turnaround response would be: “Can you tell me what is so exceptional about the job that only the rarest of skills are needed?”.
8. Take care of yourbody position. The gestures may help you to illustrate your speech. Relaxed gestures are important to prevent phrases like “eh”, “no?” Or “mmm”. Avoid gestures such as touching your hair, rubbing your hands or touching your face (they are signs of nervousness or insecurity). Do not make yourself small (do not sit with your legs crossed and your arms closed to the body).
Be a mirror and imitate the interviewer movements. For example, if he/she puts his hands on his lap and moves his head slightly to one side, do the same, but wait about two seconds. This brief detail causes a greater connection to be established between the two.
9. After the interview: Before you leave, get a sense of what will happen next. Ask them questions in order to get an idea of what will happen with the process or what to expect (perhaps they will tell you that information so you do not need to ask).
10. Have a strong close at the end. Saying: “I am very interested in this position and I sincerely thank you for your time and insights today.” This shows you are hungry for more.
If you think the interview went well and you could be the chosen candidate, it is always good to send them an e-mail re-emphasizing the points you made, plus any other things that might have occurred since that time.
It can make you stand out from any competition you might have.
11.NOW YOU ARE READY, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INTERVIEWS!