Senior System Administrator for Mercans Estonia
- Posted 16 June 2022
- Contact NameMaris Lahe
Mercans is a technology company located in Tartu, Estonia. Their focus is on developing innovative cloud-based Payroll, HR and Recruitment software solutions. They work closely with their parent company Mercans, a leading payroll and recruitment outsourcing services provider in the Middle East and North Africa region with clients like Uber, Adidas, WikiMedia, Harvard University, IKEA, Mazda, AirBus, McLaren and others.
Their main product is HR blizz. HR blizz is a web-based Payroll & HR system aimed at all level enterprises all over the world. Mercans goal is to make a payroll and HR system that just works – without the user having to be an expert on taxation and finance. The office in Tartu is modern, staff are friendly, and they enjoy daily matches of FIFA on the PS4 during our breaks after working hard. Mercans is centrally located, so everything is at a close distance. They enjoy going out for lunch as a team to socialize and talk about non-work related stuff. Did we mention they have an awesome coffee machine and a pet friendly office?
Senior System Administrator
We are looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our clients IT team in Tartu. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that Mercans technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Your daily tasks will include managing network servers, monitoring performance and maintaining systems according to requirements, as well as ensuring security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
What do we expect from you?
- Previous experience as a system administrator
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, system security and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts and technical documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good team working skills
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think systematically
- Configuration Management tools (Ansible)
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
Bonus points for…
- Network administration and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix)
- Location - Tartu
- Relocation support possibility
- Full time role and permanent contract
What Mercans offers
- Full time job, with paid lunch hour
- A say in what you do and how you do it
- Possibility to work on demanding yet rewarding projects
- Possibility to improve your skills in a supportive team environment
- Flexible working hours
- Team events
- Market competitive salary
- Mental and physical health benefits, such as health days and sports allowance
- Modern office at the center of Tartu
Is this the perfect opportunity for you? Send your application today as we interview continuously.
About Us - Nordic Jobs Worldwide
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is a professional Nordic recruitment company focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world. Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language recruitment agency in the Nordic region, with offices in Oslo, Tallinn, Malaga, Malta, and Lisbon. We match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent worldwide. We have helped over 3000 people find their dream job with our 300+ partners in over 30 countries.